CALIFORNIA ROSEVILLE MISSION

Thursday, April 16, 2015

Thursday, 16 April 2015

Ok, so I don't have a lot of time at the moment. But I just wanted to say thank you so much for the package and all the dear elder letters. I was so happy to see my blanket in there. It reminded me of home it also smells like home too. And thank you for the nuts as well. My district makes fun of me for how much I eat them they say "Squints you're nuts for da nuts." Haha I love my district so much!! They really are like my family. 
So I told you a little about my companion. The sweetest person you'll ever meet. She's really quiet but when she does say something it's hilarious!! She doesn't like to run..which is all right! I still love her. I sometimes drag her to the gym hehe. Not everyday we get to go to the gym, but when we do I run for 20 mins then play some bball with the Elder's... BAWLER!! 
So I'll tell you a little about my district. There's Sister Marshall. She's from New Zealand! Well you know how sometimes we talk in an Australian ancient? Ya I can't do that here cause she always looks at me weird when I do. But she's the best! I love her to death. Her testimony is so strong. She's known to have the box of tissues in front of her haha she tends to cry a lot during the lessons and it's rubbing off on me..but they say tears are the spirit coming out so let them roll off your cheek. 
Then there is Sister Orme and oh my goodness, I have never met someone so funny in my life. She's a bit older, about 21. She's from Las Vegas, sin city baby!! She just says the littlest thing and I crack up (but I guess that isn't hard to do anyways), but there have been times where I almost pee my pants because of how much she makes me laugh. 
These three beautiful girls are my roommates as well. I couldn't have asked for better Sisters in my district. 
Now, the Elder's. To start off there is Elder Milakovic. He's from Indiana and loves to do crossfit so we talk about lifting sometimes. He has such a great personality. He is always positive and singing as well as making up raps haha but good ones of course. They're mainly about the church..I wish you could here some of them. His companion is Elder O'Connor. He's from Huntington Beach! He played soccer for BYU Hawaii with Gent! We found that out and we just laughed that we both knew Gent. But he's a great fellow, he likes to talk a lot but you put both him and Elder Milakovic together and you just can't stop laughing!! We actually wrote down all the quotes that we have with each other on our planner when I get home I'll have to show you what they say. 
Then there is Elder Beazer, he's from Canada and some of the things he says, because he's Canadian, are so funny!! 
Oh boy, well then last but not least there's Elder Dunn. Ha one of our inside jokes are "Are you Dunn?" I guess you really just have to be there to have it be funny. He's from Idaho. But he's so shy and doesn't say much. But during the lessons he is so spiritual and some of his comments are just amazing. I am so blessed to have these people in my district. They have helped me in so many ways. I love being where everyone is so sweet and happy to the point where it could get annoying, but it doesn't because you're just as happy. 
Not gonna lie when they said it was going to be hard they weren't kidding. I have felt every kind of emotion here. And I can testify that the adversary is real and he hates missionary work and tries everything in his power to make you feel like crap and like you can't do anything. I asked the Elder's to give me a blessing and instantly I have felt peace and comfort. I can do this. I am enough and with the Lords help anything is possible. 
Yesterday we had a lesson on Christ and I have never felt Heavenly Father and Christ's love so strongly before. I bawled like a baby but it was so good! Man, I wish I could just send you the things I write in my journal. I think what I'm going to do is make copies of the pages and send them to you cause there's so much that I want to tell you and I just simply don't have enough time. 
Also I need to send home some shoes..I guess they are too high and there are open toed shoes. But obedience is the most important thing! So I leave this coming Tuesday morning at 3:45 in da mornin'. Then my p-days will be on Mondays, so not for another two weeks. 
All right, well my time is almost up, but I just wanted to say thank you for everything that you guys do. It really means a lot to get letter's and emails from you... especially packages. But just know how much I love you, which is so much!! My arms are definitely not long enough to show you how much.. but I miss you guys so dearly. Love you all, talk to you soon!!
Love, Sister Barton

No comments:

Post a Comment